This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Brewpoint Coffee Co-founders Melissa Villanueva and Angelo Sepulveda
- Founders location: 124 W. Park Ave., Elmhurst IL
- Workshop and Roastery: 617 N. York., Elmhurst IL
- Lexicon Café: 125 S. Prospect Ave., Elmhurst IL
PEPPERMINT MOCHA HOT CHOCOLATE COFFEE
Brew French Press Coffee
- Measure out 7 table spoons of ground coffee. If you have a scale at home, weigh 40 grams of coffee.
- Pre-warm French Press, this helps maintain temperature while brewing
- Boil 3 cups of water
- Add the 7 tablespoons of coffee to French Press
- Fill up the French Press halfway to the top, make sure there are no dry grounds.
- Start and set the timer to 4 minutes immediately
- Place lid on the French Press and do not press down on the plunger.
- Allow coffee to brew for four minutes and then push the press plunger all the way down.
Peppermint Mocha Recipe
- 12oz of the French press brewed coffee
- 3 oz of vanilla creamer
- 2 table spoons of Ghirardelli’s hot cocoa mix
- 2 table spoons of crushed peppermint candy
- Mix hot cocoa and crushed peppermint candy into hot coffee
- Add vanilla creamer
- Add whipped cream and candy cane topping