This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Co-CEO and portfolio manager for Appleseed Capital
Before Jan. 1, consider:*
- Prepaying 2018 property taxes
- Prepaying January 2018 mortgage
- Prepaying 4Q17 estimated state income tax
- Prepaying upcoming medical expenses
- For business owners and contract employees, consider deferring income until after Jan. 1
First Quarter 2018, consider:*
- Setting up a donor-advised fund
- Changing/maximizing contributions to IRAs, 401(k)s, SEPs. by April 15 (for 2017)
* Check with your accountant re your specific situation.