Pastry Chef Walleska Cianfanelli
New Year's Eve Celebration at Lockwood Restaurant & Bar – To ring in the new year, Palmer House is offering a 5-course menu filled with winter classics and imaginative sweets, and of course, a bottle of Champagne to start the New Year right. The dinner will be served from 5:00pm-10:00pm and costs $200.00 per couple. To reserve a table visit the link here.
Palmer House, a Hilton, Hotel 17 East Monroe Street, Chicago, IL 60603
Twitter & Instagram: @palmerhousehilton
Palmer House Brownie
Pan size: 16in X 12in
4 sticks Butter
3 ½ cups 70% chocolate
6 whole Eggs
2 ½ cups sugar
1 TBS Vanilla
1 ¼ cup AP flour
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 ½ cups chopped Dark chocolate
½ cup Toasted Chopped Walnuts
1. Melt the chocolate, butter. Let it cool down.
2. Mix the sugar and eggs together. Add the vanilla and incorporate to the chocolate butter mixture.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder. Mix into the chocolate mixture. Fold in the walnuts and the chopped chocolate.
4. Pour over a greased tray and bake for 35 minutes at 350F.
2 cups Popcorn milk
1 cup mild cheddar cheese - shredded or cubed
4 egg yolks
½ cup sugar
1 cup of dark chocolate chopped
2 sheets gelatin
1. Warm the popcorn milk and add the cheese until melted.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the yolks and sugar. Temper with the hot popcorn milk and cook to 82C or until it thickens enough to cover the back of a wooden spoon.
3. Add the bloomed gelatin and mix until combined.
4. Strain over the chocolate and emulsify with the hand blender.