Marc Sievers, Cookbook Author & Entertaining Expert
Check out his website for more recipes and all his cookbooks!
And check out his YouTube Channel for more videos. http://www.YouTube.com/marcjsievers
Salt & Pepper Puff Pastry Croutons
- Egg – 1 extra-large, lightly beaten
- Water – 1 tablespoon
- Frozen Puff Pastry – defrosted overnight in the refrigerator
- Flour – for preparing work surface
- Fleur de Sel – 1 teaspoon
- Black Pepper – 1 teaspoon, freshly cracked
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat 1 egg with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Place 1 sheet of thawed puff pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Brush with the beaten egg. Sprinkle evenly with 1 teaspoon of Fleur de Sel and 1 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper.
- Using a cutter of your choice, cut the sheet of pastry into shapes. Transfer each piece of pastry to the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 – 15 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
Tip: You can make these croutons up to two days in advance and store in a sealed container. Simply reheat on a baking sheet in a 350 degrees F oven for 5 – 10 minutes and you will have perfectly crisp puff pastry croutons!