Erika Schlick – The Trail To Health
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
1 lb fillet of wild salmon
2-3 tablespoons butter or coconut oil, divided salt, to taste
1/3 cup almond flour
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
1 lemon, cut into wedge
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F (163 C).
2. Place the salmon skin side down in a baking pan. Top with 1 tablespoon of the butter or coconut oil and season with the salt to taste. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through and easily flaked with a fork.
3. Remove the salmon from the oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes. Flake the salmon with your hands or pulse in a food processor a few times, being careful not to over pulse.
4. Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until smooth. Add the flaked salmon, almond flour, parsley, dill, garlic powder and onion powder, and mix until combined. Divide and shape into six, 3-inch patties with your hands or a burger press.
5. Heat the remaining coconut oil in a skillet set over medium heat. Cook the patties for 3-5 minutes per side or until lightly browned.
6. Serve the patties with the lemon wedges.