This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Executive Chef Jose Torres
Italian Village Restaurants – The Village
71 West Monroe Street
Chicago, IL 60603
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 8oz Atlantic Salmon filets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp capers
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp pesto sauce
- ½ tbsp chopped garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup white wine
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half. Place in small mixing bowl.
- Cut Kalamata olives in to halves.
- Combine tomatoes, capers, olives, pesto, garlic and white wine in bowl, to create puttanesca sauce.
- On a gas grill, oil grates and heat to 400 degrees.
- Brush 1 Tbsp olive oil on salmon, season with salt and pepper - grill to desired temp.
- In a sautépan heat 1 Tbsp olive oil over high heat, add puttanesca sauce. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve over sautéed escarole or grilled vegetables.