Marisa Paolillo, Executive Chef and Owner of Mango Pickle
Mango Pickle 5842 N. Broadway St. Chicago, IL 60660
- Mango Pickle’s next Indian High Tea event is Sunday, March 22
- Mango After Dark, their late night Candlelit Buffet + themed cocktail event, is coming up next month on Friday, April 3
Shrimp, tails removed, and sliced small 8oz (1 cup)
Sesame oil 2T – 4T
Sliced raw garlic 1T
Julienne sliced ginger 2T
Sliced serrano pepper ½ of a serrano
Fenugreek seeds ¼ tsp
Yellow Mustard seeds 1/8 tsp
Cumin powder ¼ tsp
Yellow mustard seed powder ¼ tsp
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Curry leaves 4-5 pieces
Salt ½ tsp
Apple cider vinegar 1T
Extra sesame oil
- Heat sesame oil in a frying pan.
- Temper the yellow mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds until they start to sizzle.
- Add the curry leaves.
- Once they splutter, add garlic, ginger, serrano peppers, cumin powder, yellow mustard seed powder, and turmeric powder.
- Once the mix turns golden, add the vinegar to deglaze the pan. Set aside.
- In a separate pan stir fry the shrimp in sesame oil until it dries out.
- Next, add the spiced-vinegar to the shrimp.
- Transfer the shrimp to a bowl and top it with extra sesame oil.
- Serve it with a soft bread like brioche or with crackers.