This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Michael Hernandez, Executive Chef
Chef Hugo Zuniga
1177 N. Elston Ave. Chicago, IL
*Now serving weekend brunch!
Langostinos in Spicy Garlic Butter Sauce Recipe
- 1lb Langostinos (cut in half lengthwise)
- 4 oz (1/2 cup) Butter
- 3 tbsp Garlic (finely minced)
- 3 tbsp Valentina Hot Sauce
- 3 tbsp of Spice Blend (at Azul, we use our signature 9 spice blend; the at-home chef can use any Adobo Seasoning)
- 1 tbsp to coat the Langostinos
- 2 tbsp added to the Garlic Butter
- Thinly sliced Red Onion & Cucumber (for garnish.)
- Juice from 1/2 freshly squeezed Citrus
- Sauté the Langostinos with 1 tbsp spice mixture.
- In a separate pan melt 4oz of butter.
- Add minced garlic and 2 additional tbsp of spice blend.
- Once the Langostinos turn pink, add them to garlic butter mixture and toss until coated.
- Add citrus juice, one at a time.
- Transfer to serving plate; top with thinly sliced Red Onion and Cucumber.
- Serve & enjoy!