Jeff Vucko, Chef de Cuisine at Travelle
Travelle is located on the 2nd floor The Langham, Chicago
330 North Wabash Avenue
Green City Market – Dine for Good – Now Through August 16th
Dine For Good – a portion of the profits will go to Green City Market. For more information go to: https://www.greencitymarket.org/cmsfiles/dine_for_good___chef_bbq_at_home.pdf
|Garlic, sliced||7 ½ tbsp|
|Leeks, sliced||3 cups|
|Zucchini, sliced||12 cups|
|Russet Potatoes, peeled & chopped||8 cups|
|White Onion, slived||2 cups|
|2% Milk||2 quarts|
|Half and Half||2 quarts|
|Chicken Stock||4 quarts|
- Sweat onions and leeks in butter until soft and tender. Cover with parchment paper for a bit.
- Add white wine and reduce until dry.
- Add the zucchini, potatoes, milk, half and half, chicken stock, and spices.
- Cook for 40-50 minutes on a low simmer until the potatoes are cooked.
- Blend and pass through a strainer.
- Chill on ice. Serve cold or hot!
Garnish with sautéed corn and eggplant (diced), goat cheese, Urfa pepper, chili flakes, red sorrel, and/or zucchini blossoms.