Brian Rodriguez, Restaurant Chef
Adorn Bar & Restaurant | 120 E Delaware Place, Chicago, IL 60611
-Chicago Restaurant Week – January 20-February 5
-Mile High Cocktail Club, the new speakeasy on the 46th floor of the hotel featured cocktails and small bites inspired by the Seven Wonders of the World.
This dish will be featured on the Chicago Restaurant Week menu from Adorn Bar & Restaurant at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago.
Crispy Coconut Red Snapper- Fennel Hash, Leek, Toasted Coconut, Cilantro Froth
- 1.75lb American Red Snapper Filet- (makes 4 portions of 7oz each)
- ½ cup Fennel
- ½ cup Leek
- 2/3 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Toasted Coconut Flakes
- 2 Serrano Peppers
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Clean and portion the Snapper Filet into four 7-oz portions (you can ask market to portion it for you, as well)
- For the Leek and Fennel Hash: Julienne (cut thin strips) of the leek and fennel. In a hot pan, pour a tablespoon of coconut oil and cook until both vegetables are tender. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- For the Coconut Froth: Blend coconut milk, cilantro, and both serrano peppers. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- To cook the fish: Add a tablespoon of coconut oil into a hot pan. Add the snapper filets skin-side down until the skin is crispy.
- Flip the filets and put in the oven for 7-8 min.
- Take out of the oven and cover the skin completely with the toasted coconut flakes.
- For Plating: Place the vegetable hash in bowls. Ladle the blended coconut milk on top of the vegetable hash. Top with crispy coconut red snapper.
- Finish with a few cilantro leaves to give freshness to the dish.