You may remember glide boards from the 80’s, but they’re back and they just might be here to stay. Glide boards are used to focus on lateral movements, similar to skating. Trainology Fitness offers a glideology class at their River North studio, and owner Michael Wollpert believes gliding will help you see the results you want. Here’s are some perks of this trendy new workout.
- Tone and lift your backside with the leg and glute focused movements
- Get a great cardio workout with the fast paced, heart pumping routines
- Tone your abs as you balance your body on the glide board
- Gliding is low impact, so it’s a great option for anyone with bad joints
It’s important to stay safe on the glide board, because it can get a little slippery. Michael has some tricks to nail the basic glide.
1. Keep your weight in your heels.
2. Tighten your abs.
3. Bend your knees. You don’t ever want to lock them.
4. Use your foot to push off the side, and you’re all set to glide!
Trainology Fitness is located at 309 W. Chicago Avenue. Visit this website for more information.