The Recipe: Ahi Tuna Ceviche
2 red tomatoes, diced
1/4 red onion, minced
2 tilapia filets, cubed
1/4 cup minced cilantro
2 serrano peppers thinly diced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp of sugar
Salt to taste
6-8 limes freshly squeezed (just enough to cover the tilapia)
1. Cube the tilapia filet and place cubes in a small container.
2.Cut limes and squeeze juice onto tilapia, covering it completely. Make sure to use a strainer so that the pulp does not interfere. Refrigerate for 2.5 hours.
3. Pit and dice 2 red tomatoes. Place into a big mixing bowl.
4. Mince 1/4 red onion and add to tomatoes.
5. Mince 1/4 cup cilantro and place into the mixing bowl.
6. Thinly dice 2 Serrano peppers. If you like it spicy, use bigger pieces of the Serrano pepper.
7. After 2.5 hours, drain the tilapia from the lime juice.
8. Add the tilapia into the mixing bowl and mix in salt, sugar and olive oil.
9. Serve with your choice of chips or for a healthier option, jicama chips.
Las Palmas is located at 1835 W. North Ave. and can be reached at 773.289.4991