This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Veggie Delight Omelet
3 free-range, hormone-free eggs
1 tsp clarified butter (called “ghee”) or oil
1 cup chopped zucchini, tomato, onion, and mushrooms or veggies of your choosing
- In a non-stick 8 inch frying pan, heat the clarified butter.
- Use a blender to whip the eggs until they are foamy.
- When the butter is hot, saute your veggies. If you have a firm veggie, saute those first. Soft veggies, such as spinach, require only a few seconds of sauteing. You want the veggies cooked in very hot clarified butter so that the eggs will cook quickly.
- When the veggies are cooked and your clarified butter hot, tossed in your foamy eggs.
- The trick is in the stir. You want to get the eggs in contact with the pan as quickly as possible. Shake the pan with the left hand while you apply a circular motion with a spatula with the right hand. You are rotating and moving the egg to get in touch with the hot pan as quickly as possible.
- When the eggs are still wet on top, place the pan in a 250 degree salamander oven or broiler. If not available, simply roll the eggs and cook on both sides in the pan.
- Serve with a side veggie, grain , or whatever!