The Kentucky Derby is the longest continuously held sporting event in the US and Woodford Reserve has been the presenting sponsor since 1999. Joining us now to discuss the history of the Kentucky Derby and share a few cocktail recipes is Woodford Reserve Brand Ambassador Sergio Serna.
Woodford Reserve Spire:
- 1.5 oz Woodford Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- 2 oz lemonade (3 parts lemon juice to 1 part simple syrup)
- 1 oz cranberry juice
- Garnish with a lemon twist
Woodford Reserve Mint Julep:
- 2 oz Woodford Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- 0.5 oz simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water)
- 4-6 mint leaves
- Garnish with a mint sprig
Daytime Chicago airs weekdays on WGN from 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.