With Thanksgiving just a week away it’s time to start finalizing those dinner menus and what better to add than a peach cobbler egg roll. Joining us now in our Studio 41 Kitchen to break down the recipe is home Chef Kiara Jones.
Peach Cobbler Egg Roll Recipe:
- 1 can of peaches (15oz.)
- 1 tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. Salted butter
- ½ Cup light brown sugar
- 4 tsp. Corn starch
- 1 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 10 Egg Roll Wrappers
- 3 Cups oil for frying
- 4 tsp. Water for cornstarch slurry
- 3 Cups water to seal egg rolls
Vanilla Dipping Sauce:
- 2 Cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ Cup Milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Strain Peaches and cut them up into bite sized pieces.
- Add peaches to a saucepan on low heat along with lemon juice, butter, brown sugar, cornstarch slurry (4 tsp. cornstarch mixed with 4 tsp. water), nutmeg, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Bring everything up to a boil, reduce to a simmer and let everything simmer for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Brush edges of egg roll wrappers with water and fill the center with peach cobbler filling and roll the egg rolls up.
- Once oil temperature reaches 350 degrees, fry egg rolls for about 5 minutes each.
- Let egg rolls cool over a wire rack (can possibly dust with powdered sugar if you like)
- While the egg rolls are cooling you can quickly whisk together all of the ingredients for the Vanilla Dipping Sauce.
Serving size: makes about 6-10 rolls depending on how big you roll them
Prep Time: 6-7 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
- Saucepan to simmer filling
- Heavy bottom pot to fry
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cooling rack
- Can use fresh peaches
- Vegan version can be made with vegan egg roll wrappers, vegan butter, and make the dipping sauce with plant based milk
- This recipe can be made ahead just roll them and store in an airtight container
This is also an air fryer friendly recipe
Daytime Chicago airs weekdays on WGN from 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.