In support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Chicago’s Very Own WGN-TV will premiere an all-new “Stories of Hope: Facing Breast Cancer” on Saturday, October 28 at 6:30p CT. The half-hour broadcast will also be livestreamed on the WGN9+ app on Roku, Amazon Fire TV and Apple TV; online at WGNTV.com/Live and the WGN News mobile app. WGN’s Dina Bair and Dean Richards return as hosts.
- The impact of breast cancer on the Hispanic community and how one survivor and her doctors are helping others.
- Preserving fertility amidst cancer treatment.
- The role AI can play in detection.
- Interview with a doctor on new guidelines for mammograms, what to know about detection and treatment.
- Information on a new breast cancer vaccine.
- Cancer-fighting foods and nutrition tips.
- Stories of survivors and the meaning of support during treatment.
“Stories of Hope: Facing Breast Cancer” will be rebroadcast on Sunday, October 29 at 4:30p CT on WGN-TV.
Breast Cancer Awareness Month is an annual campaign to raise awareness about the impact of breast cancer, including early detection, education, and support services.
WGN-TV is Chicago’s Very Own source for news and entertainment and is owned and operated by Nexstar Media Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WGN News programs more local news than any other Chicago TV station and can be seen on WGN-TV; the WGN+ TV streaming app on Roku, Amazon Fire TV and Apple TV; online at WGNTV.com/Live and the WGN News mobile app. In-depth local weather coverage is available on all newscasts, WGNTV.com/Weather and the WGN Weather mobile app. WGN Films, part of WGN-TV, presents compelling and in-depth cinematic journalism that goes beyond the headlines to explore the stories and issues that affect Chicago area communities. WGN 9.2 is the Chicago affiliate for Nexstar Media Inc.’s 1950s – 1970s classic TV network Antenna TV, WGN 9.3 is the Chicago affiliate for Grit, WGN 9.4 is the Chicago affiliate for Nexstar Media Inc.’s 1980s – 2000s retro TV network Rewind TV, and WGN 9.5 is the Chicago affiliate for TBD. For more information on Chicago’s Very Own WGN-TV, go to WGNTV.com