It’s a well known fact around the Chicago’s Best offices that the biggest food truck fanatic in town is Lead Producer Jason. You’ve seen him before looking concerned/agitated/generally unnerved by the antics of Brittney and Elliott and the best way to calm his neurosis is by hitting up some of the best trucks around. In honor of our all-new Chicago’s Best Food Trucks this Sunday at 10pm on WGN-TV we present Jason’s Top 5 Favorite Food Trucks… so far!
1. The Happy Lobster Truck: While the classic lobster roll is a great choice the real insiders spring for the ooey, gooey lobster grilled cheese.
2. Piko Street Kitchen: Whether it’s a pork belly bao or bulgogi steak taco the Asian fusion at Piko Street is pure fire.
3. Bruges Brothers: Anyone who says you can’t just eat fries for lunch is NOT your friend.
4. Yum Dum Truck: White rice, kimchi, and cheese rolled up into a ball and deep fried. ‘Nuff said.
5. Beaver’s Coffee and Donuts: If you think all donuts were created equal you’ve clearly never had Beaver’s straight from the fryer.