There’s nothing like ______ in between bread (go ahead, pick your poison). You can make just about any kind of sandwich and we’ll gladly gobble it up. But some stand above the rest. Some deserve a Top 10 ranking. Lucky for you, we’ve compiled a list of the Top 10 Sandwiches* here in this great city. From barbecue to birds, pickles to pork, we’ve covered it all and for that, we are oh-so-thankful. Let us know where we can find your favorite sandwich on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or on our Chicago’s Best app. Don’t forget to catch the show every Sunday at 10pm on WGN-TV!
- Baby’s Cheesesteak: When we visited this south suburban hot spot, we wrapped up all the traditional Philly cheesesteak fixings in a tortilla and fried it. Oh, baby. More of a purist? The classic cheesesteak is just as good. Grab a lemonade, take a bite, and let this Philly rock your world. Location: 4019 W. 167th Street in Country Club Hills
- The Piggery: Trust us when we say you’ll want to pig out on the Cuban sandwich at this joint. The Piggery kicks its Cuban up a notch with a homemade brioche bun, ham, chorizo, pulled pork, bacon, smoked gouda … (no, we aren’t done yet) … an egg, pickles, annnnd some chipotle mayo. Oink, oink. Location: 1625 W. Irving Park Road in Lakeview
- Palace Grill: The big, neon sign out front doesn’t lie. This sandwich shop is one for the books. It’s got everything from your classic Rueben to a damn good breakfast sandwich. If you don’t come for the sandwiches, come for the owner, George Lemperis. He’s packed with just as much flavor as the mouth-watering menu items. Location: 1408 W. Madison Street on the West Side
- The Scout Waterhouse + Kitchen: What’s better than a grilled cheese? How about one that has three types of cheese – nine slices total – and is a foot long? Yeah, we thought you might like that. Top it off with some homemade tomato soup and you’ve got a classic meal, supersized. Location: 1301 S. Wabash Ave. in the South Loop
- J.P. Graziano Grocery and Sub Shop: It wouldn’t be a sandwich list without a classic Italian sub and you can’t mention Italian subs without mentioning this West Loop gem. The wholesale retail store started selling sammies a couple of years ago and hasn’t looked back. We chowed down on the Mr. G and couldn’t get enough. Location: 901 W. Randolph Street in the West Loop
- Mr. D’s Shish-Kabob: Everything at Mr. D’s is simple – from the décor to the sandwiches. Our viewers said the steak sandwich is simply delicious and we have to agree. Grab a kabob for the complete experience. Location: 6656 W. Diversey Avenue in Montclare
- The Fat Shallot: This food truck dishes up some serious sandwiches. “We’re not just looking to do a sandwich,” owner Sam Barron says. “We’re doing what we think is the best BLT or best salami in the city of Chicago.” These babies are made-to-order and give a gourmet twist to some of your all-time faves. Location: varies daily, check them out on Twitter @TheFatShallot
- South Moon BBQ: We love barbecue. We love bread (because #carbs). Make a sandwich outta that and we’ll love you too. That’s exactly what South Moon BBQ did with its pulled pork sandwich and for that, we’re thankful. When the chef’s name is Pork Chop, you know it’s gonna be good. Low and slow. Nice and Juicy. Chicago’s Best. Location: 100 E. Lincoln Avenue in Hinckley
- L’Patron: Traditional Mexican street food right in Logan Square. The tortas are excelente so get these Mexican sandwiches in your belly. Right. Now. House-marinated steak, tomatoes, avocado, lettuce, and mayo make for the perfect torta. Location: 2815 W. Diversey Avenue in Logan Square.
- The Roost Carolina Kitchen: Owner and chef Joe Scroggs is a southern boy through and through and that authenticity comes across in his fried chicken and buttermilk biscuits (a family recipe). The chicken is fried to perfection and the biscuits crumble like true biscuits should. The fried chicken biscuit sandwich looked so good, we almost didn’t want to eat it … almost. Location: 1467 W. Irving Park Road in Lakeview
*Rankings based on most-viewed videos in “Sandwich” category.