It’s not difficult to find a donut joint here in Chicago, but some are a cut above the rest. In honor of National Donut Day we’re sharing a list of the Top 10 Donuts in Chicagoland according to you, our fans!* No chains. No frills. No nonsense. Just good, old-fashioned donuts.
- Allegretti’s Bakery: This Norridge bakery does chocolate cake donuts right! Regulars refer to the fried goodies as “crack donuts” and once you try ’em- you’ll understand why! Location: 7717 W Lawrence Ave. in Norridge
- Doughs Guys Bakery: As if a regular long john weren’t enough Doughs Guys is topping ’em with maple glaze and freshly cooked bacon pieces. It’s a salty sweet treat that’ll have you squealing for more! Location: 12248 Harlem Ave. in Palos Heights
- Somthin’ Sweet Donuts: A good mom and pop donut shop is hard to find in Chicago, but Somethin’ Sweet is all about family. It’s no wonder that the nicest folks in town are also making some of the sweetest bites around! Location: 5112 W. Fullerton in Cragin
- Hi-Way Bakery: The best donuts always come from the old-school shops. If you’re early to rise in the south burbs head for a classic and snag some warm cake donuts with a smile! Location: 2633 Chicago Rd. South in Chicago Heights
- Beaver’s Coffee and Donuts: No time? No problem. These donuts travel around town in the form of a food truck and donut mastermind Gabe Wisen fries them fresh to order. PB&J, Nutella Dream and S’mores are just a few of the inventive menu items Beaver’s offers. Location: 131 N Clinton St. in the Chicago French Market AND you can track the food truck here.
- Chemshaw 13 DonutZ & Comics: Everyone knows donuts and coffee go together, but we bet you’ve never heard of donuts and comics! Pack up the fam and head for NW Indiana- Chemshaw’s got your sweet tooth covered! Location: 138 S. Main St. in Crown Point, IN
- Delightful Pastries: Some think paczki consumption is reserved for just one day a year, but in Poland (and Jefferson Park) paczki is a year-round delicacy! Location: 5927 W. Lawrence Ave. in Jefferson Park
- Home Cut Donuts: Open 24 hours and stocked to the gills with cream filled donuts- Home Cut lives up to the saying, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!” Location: 815 Jefferson St. in Joliet
- Old Fashioned Donuts: There’s a reason this donut shop has been holding it down since 1973. There’s a variety of options on the menu, but you can never go wrong with an old-school glazed donut. Location: 11248 S Michigan Ave. in Roseland.
- Spunky Dunkers: Fresh and handmade twice a day- Spunky Dunkers has been kicking ’em out since the 1960’s. Sure, they’ve got the classics, but why go boring when you can go over-the-top with the chocolate cream puff donut?! Location: 20 S. Northwest Highway in Palatine
*Based on YouTube views.