2016 was a banner year for Chicago’s Best! We aired our 200th episode, visited our 1,000th restaurant, and ate some of the best meals this city has to offer. And we couldn’t have done it without you, our fans! We hit the CB YouTube page to find out what you guys loved the most and compiled YOUR top 10 faves*. Did we miss your spot? Hit us up on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, the Chicago’s Best app, or the “Contact Us” button at the top of the screen. And don’t forget to tune in to Chicago’s Best every Sunday at 10pm on WGN-TV!
- The Assembly American Bar & Cafe: With over 400,000 views on YouTube The Assembly in Hoffman Estates was the runaway fan favorite for 2016. Elliott fell in love with the Bionic Burger- named by Hulk Hogan and topped with a rich mushroom sherry wine sauce.
- Chicago Pizza & Oven Grinder Co.: It was a CB family affair when Brittney and Elliott came together to close out our pizza showdown episode. Head to this Chicago pizza institution for the one-of-a-kind pizza pot pies and stick around for Britt’s very special baby announcement at the end.
- Uncle Remus: At 225,000 views Uncle Remus is the first (but not the last!) appearance of fried chicken on our list. It’s all about the sauce at this westside take-out joint and while they’re not giving away any secrets you can bet it’s, “tantalizing and delicious!”
- Nino’s Pizzeria: On the southside Italian sausage is king and Nino’s has been doing deep dish sausage pies right since 1948. Elliott got his fill of this Chicago tradition and a lesson in… humility (maybe not!) from Nick in the kitchen.
- Bartoli’s Pizzeria: Back-to-back deep dish means the competition was fierce! Brittney’s northside spot fell just short, but with 215,000 views you know this isn’t just another plain old pie. Load up on spinach and cheese and trust the crust for deep dish that tops “best-of” lists across the city.
- Nicksons Eatery: We take grilled cheese VERY seriously on Chicago’s Best and so do the folks at Nicksons Eatery in downtown La Grange. Loaded with swiss and cheddar, piled high with beef brisket, and stacked on delicious sourdough bread- we can see why this baby was your favorite sandwich of 2016.
- Al’s Pizza: Hungry for cheese sticks? Look elsewhere! Al’s Pizza in Warrenville does one thing and they do it damn well: thin crust pizza. With nearly 185,000 views Al’s reigned supreme as your (and Elliott’s!) favorite thin crust pie of the year.
- Calzone & Macaroni Co.: You know our list wouldn’t be complete without a big, creamy bite of mac ‘n’ cheese. Elliott made his way to Vernon Hills for a bacon apple mac that had him feeling comfy and warm all year long.
- Rip’s Tavern: If you’re in the mood for a road trip you’d be hard pressed to beat our second fried chicken appearance on the list. You may never have heard of Ladd, Illinois before (neither had Britt!), but with nearly 145,000 views in 2016 we’ve got a feeling the lines may be getting longer!
- Martinez Supermercado: Closing out our list is a burrito the size of a small child. We visited Martinez Supermercado in November, which is why we were so impressed to see them on our list! Tallying 109,000 views in under two months- this is one giant burrito you guys can’t get enough of.
*based on total YouTube views, airing for the first time in 2016