Dr. Gini Fleming, Professor of Medicine and Specialist in the development of new treatments for breast and gynecological cancers
Leanna Blanchard, breast cancer survivor
Great Pink Run with Glanbia
5K fun walk/jog/run and 10K certified run
Saturday, Oct. 5, 2019
- 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed in their lifetime.
- In Illinois, there are 11,300 new breast cancer cases annually, equating to 32 women diagnosed daily.
- Other than skin cancer, breast cancer is the most common form of cancer in women.
- Nearly 30% of women diagnosed with early-stage breast cancer will develop metastatic disease.
- 1 in 20 of women diagnosed are under the age of 40.