Elina Fedotova, celebrity esthetician and founder of Elina Organics Holistic Spa in Chicago
Elina Organics Spa
100 E. Walton St., Suite #600E
Chicago, IL 60611
- Recipe for Skin Detoxifying Herbal Compress
- This compress is made with artichoke stock, dandelions, and milk thistle.
- Boil 3-4 cups of water and 1 medium sized artichoke slowly for 10 minutes and the last 2 minutes before it is done, you can add 1 teaspoon of each - milk thistle, dandelion, or burdock root. Or you can add a bag of tea of that blends into the water if you do not have the loose herbs. You can also do this without the extra herbs and only artichoke.
- Soak a compress in this warm tea. The compress could be a wash cloth, cotton pad, etc.
- Apply to the face for 3-5 minutes.
- It has a number of anti-inflammatory and skin detoxifying properties which helps to calm the skin and reduce pore size. It is helpful for everyone but specifically for problem complexion. This is a great mask for anyone in the summer!
- Recipe for Black Head Removing & T-Zone Purifying Scrub
- Mix 1 teaspoon of Keifer or yogurt and 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Mix all together.
- Massage your congested areas around the nose, chin, and forehead where you see blackheads.
- Leave on for 1 minute to absorb extra oil on the skin and wash off.
- Recipe for Cilantro, Celery, and Peppermint Skin Detoxifying and Cleansing Mask
- You can pick up organic cilantro leaves (just a few leaves) and a half stick of celery. Then, put in a blender in equal proportions with just a few peppermint leaves and a little bit of purified water.
- Blend to smoothie consistency and apply on face for 2-5 minutes.
-You can also mix with a little bit of oatmeal to achieve a creamy consistency.