Veda Page Head Chef / Owner of Just Like Mama’s of Maywood
GRAND OPENING OF JUST LIKE MAMA’S OF MAYWOOD
1117 South 1st Avenue
Maywood, Illinois 60153
Coming in the Fall of 2019
*Other Upcoming events*
Thornton Township Summer Festival
Saturday August 24, 2019
12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
15800 State St., South Holland, IL
Robbins Summerfest- Stepping with the Stars
Friday August 30th - Saturday August 31, 2019
Friday: 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.; Saturday: 12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
13800 Trumbull Ave., Robbins, IL
September 13-15, 2019
Friday: 4:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.; Saturday: 12:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.; Sunday: 12:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.
Veteran’s Memorial Park
4th Ave. & Oak Street, Maywood, IL
DEEP FRIED CATFISH
1 teaspoon of seafood seasoning
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 pound of catfish filets
1 ½ cups yellow cornmeal
1 gallon vegetable oil for deep frying
- In a large bowl, combine the seafood seasoning, black pepper, and garlic powder. Place the fillets in the bowl and massage the seasonings to coat the fish.
- Place cornmeal in a medium bowl. Add fish, one at a time, and toss until evenly coated.
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Deep fry fillets until golden brown, about 12 minutes.
- Before plating, drain the excess oil by placing the fillets on a paper towel.