CHICAGO — Chef Fred Dodson shared his recipe for Cajun Teriyaki Glaze Salmon and talked about the Real Men Cook event.
Real Men Cook is the largest, longest-running and most anticipated urban-oriented Father’s Day celebration where men from all walks of life serve up food to celebrate and uplift the family.
The event is celebrating its 30th year. The event is presented by Real Men Charities, the non-profit arm of Real Men Cook.
- Heat olive oil and minced garlic in a sauce pan.
- Add remaining sauce ingredients, whisk and cook on low until it starts to thicken.
- Heat oil for salmon in a large skillet, then add fillets.
- Cook 3-4 minutes on each side until desired doneness.
- A minute before salmon is done, add 3 - 4 tablespoons of sauce and baste the salmon.
- Remove salmon and continue to let the sauce thicken.
- Glaze salmon with finished sauce.
- Place on dishes and serve with vegetable of choice.