Fr. Leo Patalinghug, Priest, Chef, TV & Radio Personality, Speaker and Best Selling Author of newest book, Saving the Family
For more information on recipes and his new book:
|1 Tbsp butter
¼ cup shallots, chopped
1 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined
3 clove garlic, chopped
1 cup sauvignon blanc wine, your favorite brand, and 1.5-2 oz of vodka (optional)
2 cups cream
|2 tsp salt
1 tsp white pepper
1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
½ lb linguine, cooked (reserve 1 cup pasta water before draining)
½ cup grated Parmesan
- Melt butter in large pan over medium heat.
- Add shallots and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook until shrimp is pink and firm and the tail turns red, stirring frequently.
- Remove shrimp and reserve for later.
- Add garlic, wine, vodka, cream, salt and pepper and simmer until thickened.
- Add parsley, shrimp and linguine and toss to coat. If the sauce is too thick, add a few tablespoons of the reserved pasta water to thin to desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and plate. Finish with grated Parmesan.