Chef Davide D’Andrea, the chef at Carmine’s in Rosemont, shared his recipe for Eggplant Stack Salad.
Carmine's will be participating in Rosemont Restaurant Week which runs from March 10 – March 16. During Restaurant Week, Rosemont visitors can enjoy special prix fixe, three-course menus at a wide variety of participating restaurants.
9850 Berwyn Avenue
Rosemont, IL 60018
EGGPLANT STACK SALAD
1 fresh tomato
1 fior di latte mozzarella,
2 oz fresh arugula
2 oz flour
10 oz breadcrumbs
2 oz parmigianoreggiano
balsamic glaze of Modena
extra virgin olive oil
- Take the skin off of the eggplant and slice thin
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl with a little bit of salt and black pepper
- Mix the breadcrumbs with little bit Parmesan
- Chop parsley and add a touch of black pepper
- Pass the eggplant through flour first on both sides then pass inside the eggs then in breadcrumbs
- In a sauté pan warm up some vegetables oil end when the temperature of the oil reaches 145-150 degrees
- Fry the eggplant 3-4 minutes each side. When the eggplant turns gold in color, it is done. Dab the eggplant with a paper towel to absorb any excess oil
- Cut the fresh tomato and the mozzarella into slices
- Assemble a layer of eggplant first, followed by a slice of tomato, mozzarella and arugula. Repeat twice
- Complete the dish with balsamic glaze and buon appetito!