CHICAGO — After three nights at Cook County Jail, R&B singer R. Kelly walked out Monday evening after posting a $100,000 bail bond.
Kelly, 52, walked out of the jail around 5:25 p.m. Monday, just hours after his attorney entered a not guilty plea on his behalf of allegations he sexually abused a woman and three girls over the course of 12 years.
Kelly walked out to a large media gathering outside the jail. The singer said nothing as he got into a black truck that was waiting for him. The truck then drove off.
Around 6 p.m., the vehicle made a stop at the McDonald's previously known as the Rock-N-Roll McDonald's in the Gold Coast neighborhood. He received some fan love while there—handshakes and photographs.
Afterward, the artist went to Biggs Mansion—a cigar bar.
Michael Avenatti, the attorney representing someone who claims to be an R. Kelly whistleblower, tweeted Tuesday morning in response to Kelly's release from jail:
Kelly appeared in court Monday morning, alongside defense attorney Steve Greenberg, in an orange jumpsuit after spending the weekend in jail. During the hearing, the judge also upheld a previous ruling that Kelly does not have to pay $161,663 in back child support prior to posting bond.
The singer's next court date has been scheduled for March 22.
Kelly, 52, was charged Friday with 10 counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse. A Cook County judge Saturday set bail at $1 million, calling the accusations against Kelly "disturbing."
Kelly needed to post $100,000, or 10 percent of the total bail amount, to go free. Defense attorney Steve Greenberg said Kelly "really doesn't have any money." The singer was dropped from his record label, is behind on rent and owes more than $161,000 in child support.
According to the bond slip, a Romeoville woman posted the bond for Kelly. She identified herself on the slip as a friend of his.
Avenatti said a second video showing Kelly engaged in sexual assault of a minor will be provided to prosecutors Monday morning.
"This is a tape we knew existed but I just came into possession of the tape within the last 48 hours," Avenatti said on WGN Morning News.
Avenatti told the media Monday, that the second videotape was likely made in 1999 or 2000, and that the victim on that tape is part of the ongoing indictment.
He also mentioned a third video.
"We have learned of the existence of a third videotape, and I believe there are many, many videotapes," said Avenatti. "(The third videotape) depicts additional sexual assault and abuse by R. Kelly."
Avenatti did not if the alleged victim on the third video was someone who has already come forward.
Prosecutors on Saturday laid out their case against Kelly — detailing abuse allegations that span 12 years and involve four separate victims.
Kelly met one of the victims at her 16th birthday dinner, Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx said. Another alleged victim, also 16, asked for his autograph outside a court hearing for his 2008 child pornography trial. He was acquitted in that case.
-- SCROLL TO READ FULL BOND PROFFER --
Defense attorney Steve Greenberg maintains Kelly’s innocence: “He didn’t force anyone to have sex. … He’s a rock star. He doesn’t have to have nonconsensual sex.”
A 6-part Lifetime documentary called “Surviving R. Kelly” recently catapulted the singer back into the spotlight. In the show, alleged victims and Kelly’s close friends accuse the singer of abuse, predatory behavior and pedophilia.
Last month, Foxx made a public plea for victims to come forward, calling the allegations against Kelly "sickening."
Each of the 10 counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse Kelly is facing carries a possible sentence of three to seven years; probation without prison time is also an option.
READ: Bond proffer from R. Kelly hearing [Warning: Graphic language may be disturbing to some]