Free admission days in February for Chicago museums, aquarium, planetarium
CHICAGO —Looking for indoor activities to pass the wintry month of February? Chicago’s museums, aquarium and planetarium are hosting a number of free general admission days for Illinois residents. All you need is proof of residency.
Field Museum free general admission days:
- February 1-28, including President’s Day!
The Field Museum is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. To plan your visit, check out fieldmuseum.org.
Museum of Science and Industry free general admission days:
- Monday-Thursday, Feb. 4–7
- Monday-Thursday, Feb. 11–14
- Tuesday-Thursday, Feb. 19–21
- Monday-Thursday, Feb. 25–28
MSI is open from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more information, go to msichicago.org.
Adler Planetarium free general admission days:
- Tuesday-Thursday, Feb. 5-7
- Tuesday-Thursday, Feb. 12-14
- Monday, February 18 (President’s Day)
- Tuesday-Thursday, Feb. 19-21
- Tuesday-Thursday, Feb. 26-28
Alder is open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more information and to plan your visit, go to adlerplanetarium.org.
Shedd Aquarium free general admission days:
- Monday-Friday all month long!
Shedd is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on weekends. Plan your visit at sheddaquarium.org.