1. TO ENTER: No purchase necessary. To enter, log onto wgntv.com/contests during the entry period between January 31, 2019 through February 15, 2019 at noon, and click on the “Cutest Couple Photo” contest logo to complete and submit the registration form along with a picture of participating couple. Limit one entry per couple, limit one couple per person. Photo submitted for WGNtv.com’s Cutest Couple Photo Contest must feature the entrant and entrant’s partner only. Entrant must receive consent from partner to submit contest photo. If either party in the photo requests that the photo be taken down, photo will be taken down. All entries must be submitted online, and received within the entry period. Incomplete entries and entries not submitted in accordance with these rules will be disqualified. WGN-TV will disqualify any entry that includes photographs that are not of a couple, violate the rights of any other person or entity (including but not limited to copyrights), and/or contain offensive, defamatory, vulgar or profane content, as determined by WGN-TV.
Entries become the property of WGN and will not be returned. WGN is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical or wireless difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries. WGN reserves the right to cancel or extend the contest if insufficient amount of entries are submitted.
2. ENTRY DEADLINE: The entry for the contest runs from January 31, 2019 through February 15, 2019 at 12:00 p.m.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: All entrant photos must be submitted by Friday, February 15, 2019 by 12:00 p.m. The winner will be chosen in a random drawing by WGN-TV and will be deemed the Grand Prize Winner subject to eligibility, confirmation and compliance with these rules. The winner will be notified by phone and email on or about by February 15, 2019 and will be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, where legal, a Publicity Release (collectively, the “Required Documentation”). The Required Documentation will be mailed or emailed, based on the potential winner’s preference upon account validation. If a potential winner cannot be contacted using the information provided or fails to respond to Sponsor’s attempt to notify them of selection within two (2) days; if any notification is returned as undeliverable or yields an error of undeliverable type “bounce back” email (regardless if the message is ultimately delivered to the recipient); if Sponsor is unable to verify potential winner’s eligibility; if potential winner fails to sign and return the Required Documentation within one week from notification or fails to comply with these Official Rules; if any prize is returned undeliverable; if a potential winner is unable or unwilling to accept the prize as stated; or if the potential winner cannot be verified as eligible for any other reason, the potential winner is disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected by random drawing from among the eligible entries. All decisions regarding the administration of this contest made by WGN-TV are final and binding.
4. THE PRIZES: There will be one Grand Prize Winner. Grand Prize: (1) four-night trip for two adults to the brand new Riu Palace Costa Mujeres, in Cancun, Mexico valid through August 1, 2019. Trip includes four-night accommodations, round-trip non-stop air from Chicago O’Hare, ground transfers to/from the airport and hotel, all meals and drinks in the resort and the assistance of a resort Apple representative. Taxes, insurance, any applicable baggage fees, and additional expenses (such as optional excursions, spa treatments, phone calls and souvenirs) are the sole responsibility of the winner. All vacations are approved on a promotional basis & are subject to availability. Blackout dates do apply.
Travel dates are final and will not be extended. Travel is not permitted during holiday periods including both 5 days prior to and after. Trips are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. Apple Vacations reserves the right to substitute the vacation with another of equal value, equal Apple rating or within the same hotel chain should any unforeseen circumstance occur. Hotel to be determined by Apple Vacations. Trips are valid for 2 adults ONLY per room and do not include any special promotions. NO room upgrades. Winner must be at least 21 years old. Employees of participating companies and its properties, sponsors, vendors and their immediate families are not eligible to win. All departure/immigration taxes, insurance and fuel surcharges (approximately $350-415 USD per person, subject to change) must be paid by winner to Apple Vacations prior to departure. Winner and guest must provide their own passports. The prize will be forfeited if the winner (and travel companion) fails to claim prize by deadline, fails to execute the prepared forms of release and waiver, or if the selected winner is not eligible in accordance with these rules. Prizes are not assignable or transferable. Federal, state and local taxes, if any, are solely the responsibility of the winner, who will receive a 1099 tax form reflecting the actual value of the prize if the prize value exceeds $600 (ARV: $2,500).
5. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS:
This contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of WGN-TV, the Tribune Media Company, Apple Vacations and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising/promotion agencies are not eligible to participate.
Entrants must be legal residents of Cook, DeKalb, DuPage, Grundy, Kane, Kankakee, Kendall, LaSalle, Lake, McHenry and Will counties in Illinois, and Jasper, LaPorte, Lake, Newton and Porter Counties in Indiana who are 21 years and older at the time of entry. Winners who have won a prize from WGN-TV since August 15, 2018 are ineligible and will be disqualified.
6. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
a. Use of winner’s name: By entering, each entrant grants permission, without further compensation, to the Contest Sponsors, their agents and licensees, to use the entrant’s name, voice, photograph, likeness and biographical material for promotional purposes in connection with the contest.
b. Execution of Affidavit and Release: By entering, each entrant agrees that if selected as the winner, he/she will sign a release and waiver of liability. The prize will be forfeited and awarded to another entrant if the winner does not execute the prepared form of release and waiver within thirty days of the contest, or if the selected winner is not eligible in accordance with these rules.
c. Release of Liability: By entering, entrants agree to release Contest Sponsors from any claim, loss, liability, damage or injury of any kind arising from their participation in the contest, or their receipt or use of the contest prize, and any contest-related travel or activity.
d. Prize Substitutions: No substitute prizes are available; however, Contest Sponsors may, at their discretion, substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash.
e. Warranties: By entering, each entrant warrants and represents that his/her entry (photo) is the entrant’s own original creations, do not violate the rights of any other person or entity (including but not limited to copyrights and trademarks), do not contain offensive, defamatory, vulgar or profane content, and do not contain fraudulent or false information about the entrants.
7. INTERNET/FORCE MAJEURE: If for any reason, this contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the contest, WGN-TV reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Contest or any portion of the Contest. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE CONTEST. Information submitted in Internet entries, including entrant’s name, address, e-mail address, etc, shall become the property of WGN-TV, and may be used by WGN-TV for marketing or promotional purposes. Contest shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Illinois law, excluding choice of law provisions.
9. COPY OF RULES: A copy of the rules is available at WGNtv.com or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: WGNtv.com’s “CUTEST COUPLE PHOTO CONTEST” Rules, 2501 W. Bradley Place, Chicago, IL 60618 by March 31, 2019.
10. WINNERS LIST: Can be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to WGNtv.com’s “CUTEST COUPLE PHOTO CONTEST” Winner List, 2501 W. Bradley Place, Chicago, IL 60618 after February 21, 2019 and before March 31, 2019.