Donny Farrell, Chef, Oyster Bah
1962 N. Halsted
The 89th Progressive Insurance Chicago Boat, RV & Sail Show, which will take place at McCormick Place January 9 – 13.
- Wednesday, January 9: 2 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Thursday, January 10 and Friday, January 11: 11 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Saturday, January 12: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Sunday, January 13: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
McCormick Place – SOUTH Building
2301 South Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60616
*Chef Donny will be doing oyster shucking and tastings on Saturday, January 12 from 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Split Lobster Tail - 1 tail cut in half (shell on)
Shrimp Cut in Half - 2 pieces of shrimp (each cut in half)
Calamari Tubes - 2 tubes sliced in half
Linguini Portions - half cup linguini (precooked)
White wine - 4 tablespoons
Shaved Garlic - 1 tablespoon
Raw Whole Mussels - 6 total
Cherry Tomatoes - 4 sliced in half
Blended Oil - 1 tablespoon of oil
Butter - 3 tablespoons
Lemons - .5 juiced
Chopped Parsley - 1 teaspoon
Four Letter Hot Sauce - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Chives - 1 tablespoon
- In a Sautee pan heat 1 tablespoon blended oil on medium heat
- Add shaved garlic and Four Letter Hot Sauce until cooked but not brown
- Add seafood (lobster, shrimp, calamari, and mussels) into the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- In the same pan, add white wine and reduce it by half.
- Once wine is reduced, add cooked pasta into the pan.
- Continue cooking until the seafood is cooked through. Shrimp should no longer be clear - meat should be white.
- Add cherry tomatoes, parsley, and .5 tablespoon of chives
- Add butter and lemon juice. Stir until butter is completely melted
- Season with salt
- Plate and garnish with remaining .5 tablespoon of chives