CHICAGO -- The Archdiocese of Chicago has added 10 new names to the list of clergy accused of child sex abuse.
The archdiocese says the allegations have enough proof to release the names of those clergy, but there are few details about what they did.
Four are priests, two are deacons, two are foreign priests who served in Chicago, and two are religious order priests.
The names added are as follows:
Archdiocese of Chicago Priests
Edmund F. Burke
Thomas Carroll Crosby
Dominic Aloysius Diedrich
Thomas Francis Kelly
Archdiocese of Chicago Deacons
Patricio William Batuyong
Sleeva Raju Policetti
Religious Order Priests
Eusebio Pantoja, C.M.F.
Carlos Peralta, S.D.B
Much of the alleged abused occurred many years ago, and the accused who are still living are no longer in the ministry.
Previously, the list released by the Archdiocese of Chicago only had names of priests who were alive when the first allegations came to light.
Cardinal Blase Cupich expanded the list to include everyone with substantiated claims of child sex abuse. This comes as Attorney General Lisa Madigan continues to investigate the Catholic church.
Madigan released a statement Thursday morning saying, “Our initial review has found the number of Catholic clergy in Illinois with credible allegations of sexual abuse against minors, is more extensive than the Church previously has disclosed to the public.”
Madigan has been investigating the Catholic church since August, after a Pennsylvania grand jury report identified at least seven priests with connection to Illinois.
Not only did the Archdiocese of Chicago release more names, but so did Peoria and Rockford.
Madigan's office says they anticipate more names will be disclosed as her office continues to investigate.