Mi Tocaya Antojería
2800 W. Logan Blvd. Chicago, IL 60647
Tuesday-Thursday: 5-10 p.m.
Friday & Saturday: 5-11 p.m.
Sunday: 5-9 p.m.
Reservations available via Reserve
Chicago Tribune Food Bowl Event….
Comida de mi Abuela
Join Diana Dávila of Mi Tocaya Antojería; Jonathon Zaragoza of Birrieria Zaragoza; Daniel Espinosa of Anomar and Valeria Taylor of Loba Pastry for an evening of food, cocktails and conversation. Guests will indulge in bites from the 4 chefs as well as cocktails from Mi Tocaya Beverage Director Ulises Martinez. The chefs will also participate in a panel discussion about the evolution of Mexican cuisine and the inspiration they draw from their heritage.
WHERE: Mi Tocaya Antojería 2800 W. Logan Blvd.
WHEN: 8/13/2018 6 P.M.
- Peeled orange rinds from 3 oranges
- 1 qt of water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 lb whole peeled tomatoes, strained, seeded and small diced
- 2 sliced red onions
- 20 cloves of sliced garlic
- 2 oz (4 T) flaked guajillo pepper (dried or charred)
- 1 oz (2 T) parsley
- 4 cups roasted garlic oil
- 1 lb sliced black olives
- 1 lb sliced ceriola olives
- 12 oz capers
- Bring orange peels, water and salt to boil in a small sauce pot
- Strain water, remove the white bitter parts from the interior side of the orange peel
- Julienne orange peel, set aside
- Juice 3 oranges, set aside
- Place first 4 items of the second set of ingredients in stainless steel bowl and mix by hand, lightly season with salt
- Bring roasted garlic oil to boil and add to bowl with set 2 ingredients
- Immediately add both olives, capers, parsley and orange juice & rest of orange peel
- Continue to stir and season with salt and fresh ground pepper to taste