Vivere at Italian Village Restaurants
71 W. Monroe, Main Floor
Crab & Shrimp Pesto Risotto
2 Tbsp. olive oil
Small onion, finely chopped
1 Cup Arborio rice
4 Cups vegetable broth
1 Cup parmesan cheese, grated
1/3 Cup pesto
2 oz./4 Tbsp. creamy tomini herb cheese
3 shrimp, tail on
2 oz./4 Tbsp. jumbo lump crab meat
4 baby sweet peppers
2 Tbsp. roasted pine nuts
1 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. fine Italian parsley, chopped
Kosher salt, to taste
1 Cup fresh basil leaves, destemmed
2 Tbsp. pine nuts or walnuts
½ Cup extra virgin olive oil
½ Cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- To make pesto sauce, mix basil leaves, pine nuts/walnuts, olive oil and parmesan cheese in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the olive oil and onion, cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir constantly for 2 minutes.
- Add the broth, half cup at a time, stirring occasionally and waiting until absorbed to add more. Cook for 30 minutes or until all broth is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan, pesto, creamy tomini herb cheese, salt and sweet peppers. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauté pan, melt the butter and add the shrimp. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until shrimp reaches internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add crab meat and parsley.
- Lay seafood portion on top of risotto, and enjoy!