Cubs Game Notes For Monday vs. Miami
* The Cubs and Marlins split a four game season-opening series in March. The Marlins have played the Cubs tough since 2015, with the Cubs holding a 13-11 edge during that period.
* The Marlins have won eight of their past 11 games after defeating the Reds, 8-5, last Sunday. Since April 24, Miami’s pitching staff has a 2.64 ERA, the fourth best in MLB.
* The Cubs have lost a season-high five games in a row after being swept by the Cardinals in St. Louis. Chicago has scored more than three runs only once in their last 11 games.
* Jarlin Garcia has a 0.78 ERA in his first four career starts. This is the fifth lowest ERA by a starting pitcher through four career starts (minimum 20 IP) since 1980.
* Since returning to the field on April 28 after missing four games after being hit in the head by a pitch, Kris Bryant is hitting .176 with a .693 OPS (34 at bats). Prior to being beaned in the head on April 22, Bryant was batting .319 with a .997 OPS (69 at bats).
* Javier Baez has homered in two straight games and now has nine home runs in 2018. Baez has increased his slugging percentage this season by 159 points compared to his 2017 mark (.639 vs. .480), the fourth highest increase in MLB (minimum 500 PA in 2017, 100 PA in 2018).