Smoke Daddy BBQ in Wrigley – 3636 N. Clark St., Chicago *new location*
Their other location - 1804 W. Division St., Chicago
Check out their website for details on their upcoming Kentucky Derby specials.
1 Bun, Toasted
4 oz Sliced Brisket
1 Slice Provolone Cheese
2 Daddy’s Onion rings (see recipe below)
1 TBSP of Mustard Q, available at Smoke Daddy BBQ
- Place bun in toaster.
- Fry onion rings (recipe below)
- Slice 4 ounces of hot brisket and place on the bottom bun, piling loose and high and place one slice of Provolone Cheese.
- Top with two onion rings, one leaning on the other.
- Add Smoke Daddy’s Mustard Q in a zig zag pattern across the onion rings
- Add Side item of Choice such as coleslaw, and lean top bun on the edge of the first Onion Ring.
Onions Rings from 1 Onion, Cut 1” Thick
4 Cups Pineapple Juice
4 TBSP Hot Sauce (separated)
1 Cup Flour
1 TBSP Black Pepper
1 TBSP Garlic Salt
2 Cups Panko Bread Crumbs
2 TBSP Smoke Daddy Mojo Seasoning, available at Smoke Daddy
2 cups vegetable oil
2 cups buttermilk
- Slice and break up Onions into loose onion rings.
- Place in a pan with pineapple juice and 2 tablespoons of hot sauce and soak overnight.
- Combine flour, pepper and garlic salt in a small bowl.
- Combine Panko Bread crumbs and Mojo in another bowl and combine the buttermilk and 2 tablespoons of hot sauce in another bowl.
- Remove onions from juice mixture.
- Place one ring into the flour mixture, coat well.
- Next take the floured ring and place into the buttermilk/hot sauce mixture.
- Finally place onion ring into the panko mixture and coat well.
- Onions should be fried in 2 cups vegetable oil (at 350 degrees F) in a 1 quart sauce pan until golden brown.