* The Chicago White Sox went 4-2 against Houston last season, holding the Astros to just 16 runs in those contests (2.7/G). Houston has not won this season series since 2013.
* Houston’s pitchers have held opponents to two or fewer runs in four consecutive games (3-1). The last time the Astros had a longer such streak in a single season was August 18-26, 2015, when they allowed two or fewer runs in nine straight contests.
* The White Sox lost to the A’s 12-11 in 14 innings on Wednesday. It was their seventh game this season decided by one run (3-4). Those seven games are tied with the Brewers for the fifth most by any team.
* Jose Abreu has hit Justin Verlander very well is his career, batting .400 (14/35) with five home runs. The latter are the second most hit off Verlander by any active player (Carlos Santana, 8).
* Justin Verlander has struck out 34 batters in his 26.2 innings of work this season. He picked up his 43rd career 10+ K game of his career in his last start; he has gone 32-4 with seven no decisions and a 1.82 ERA in those contests.
* Reynaldo Lopez is winless this season despite going 6+ innings while allowing no more than two runs or four hits in all three of his starts. Since at least 1913, no pitcher has gone winless in his first four starts of a season when he allows no more than two runs or four hits in each outing (streaks exclude any relief app).