Cubs Game Notes For Friday @ Colorado
* The Chicago Cubs have won just four of their last 13 games against the Colorado Rockies dating back to the start of 2016. It’s the Cubs’ worst record versus any National League team in that time.
* The Rockies have been relying heavily on the longball for run production this season with an NL-tops 52.6% of their runs coming via the HR (40/76). Meanwhile, have scored just 28.9 percent (24/83) of their runs via home runs, the lowest percentage in the NL.
* Chicago’s hitters have looked phenomenal in wins this season (.306 BA), but completely inept in losses (.182), the biggest spread in MLB.
* DJ LeMahieu has been rock-solid for the Rockies this season. He’s one of only three players in baseball leading his team in total hits, extra-base hits, and walks (and he’s the only one doing so outright).
* Jon Gray has posted an ugly ERA of 6.23 this season but he seems to be rather unlucky, as opponents are hitting .391 on balls in play against him, the highest BABIP among pitchers who have faced at least 80 batters.
* Kyle Hendricks has been yielding more home runs than he typically has throughout his career. Hendricks is giving up 2.12 home runs per nine innings this season, while his career average is just 0.85.