White Sox Game Notes For Thursday @ Minnesota
* The Twins finished at 12-7 against the White Sox last season after sweeping the final series in Minnesota (3-0). It was their best record against a division opponent in 2017.
* After sweeping their two-game season-opening series against Kansas City, Chicago has lost its last three series and only totaled two wins in nine games. The White Sox have 17 home runs this season, tied for the second-most through eleven games of a season for the franchise (1994 – 22).
* Minnesota won two of three against Houston to win its first series against the Astros since 2015. The Twins pitching staff has allowed seven home runs this season, tied for the second-fewest in the MLB (Giants – 5).
* Lucas Giolito allowed five earned runs in 5.2 innings against Detroit in his second start of 2018. It was the most earned runs he has ever allowed in a game. He lost his one career start against the Twins on August 22, 2017.
* Jose Berrios allowed five earned runs in 4.2 innings against the Mariners after throwing his first career complete-game shutout in his season debut against the Orioles. He is 3-1 in his career against the White Sox, allowing a .176 batting average.
* Max Kepler had a walkoff home run in Minnesota’s win against Houston on Wednesday. Beginning his third full season, Kepler already had two walkoff home runs. Among current Twins, only Brian Dozier and Jason Castro have more, with three.