Today for National Grilled Cheese Day, head over to Gayle’s Best Ever Grilled Cheese at Block 37 to celebrate. Every person who purchases a sandwich today will win a prize with two grand prize winners winning a classic grilled cheese for a year!
Located at: 108 N. State St., Suite 27 (in Block 37)
You can also find them at local Farmer’s Markets.
Say Cheese Fest — a cheese lover’s paradise — takes place on Sunday, April 15 at Concord Fifty Five (1355 W. Concord Place) in Lincoln Park from 11 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., where attendees can enjoy mozzarella sticks, cheesecake, mac and cheese and more!
* 2 slices of fresh baked white sourdough bread (not too dense or to sour)
* Fresh Butter (melted - just 1-2 tablespoons)
* 1-2 slices of cheese (recommend Butterkase)
* Optional: fresh tomato, bacon, ham, mushrooms or jelly if you like the sweet/savory combination)
* Melt butter, brush on one side of each piece of bread.
* Put one piece of bread (butter side down) in pan, cover with cheese
* Take other piece of bread and put on top with butter side up
* Grill until lightly brown and you see the cheese melting, flip over
* Cut in half and make sure the inside cheese is melted
* Cook until fully melted