Blackhawks Game Notes For Wednesday @ St. Louis
* Chicago was blanked, 5-0, by the Avalanche at Pepsi Center on Friday night, snapping a three-game point streak in the process (2-0-1 record). The Blackhawks have been shut out six times this season, and 28 times since the beginning of 2014-15 – tied for third most in the league.
* St. Louis lost, 4-2, to Washington at home on Monday night, dropping its third straight decision by a combined score of 14-5. The Blues are just 3-17-3 (.196) when allowing four or more goals in 2017-18.
* The Blues have taken each of the first two meetings of the year with the Blackhawks, including a 5-2 victory at Scottrade Center on October 18. St. Louis is 8-3-1 in its last 12 home games vs. Chicago (dating since March 27, 2013).
* Alex DeBrincat recorded his third hat trick of the season on March 18 vs. the Blues – tied with Connor McDavid and Alex Ovechkin for most of any player in the league. The last rookie with more than three hat tricks in a season was Teemu Selanne, who had five for the Jets in 1992-93.
* Vladimir Tarasenko lit the lamp once Monday night, giving him five goals (one assist) in his last six games. Dating to the beginning of 2015-16, Tarasenko has 15 points (10G, 5A) in his last 11 skates vs. the Blackhawks.
* The Blues have clicked on just 10.4 percent of their power-play opportunities in the last 18 games – second worst in the league since February 23. Chicago has killed just 62.8 percent of its opponents’ chances with the man-advantage since February 23 (worst in the NHL).