Cubs Game Notes For Monday @ Cincinnati
* The Cubs went 12-7 against the Reds in 2017. Since 2015, Chicago is 40-17 against Cincinnati, with its .702 winning percentage the highest by any team against any division opponent in the time span.
* The Cubs split their opening four-game series with the Marlins. Chicago scored 18 runs in its two wins and one run in its two losses.
* The Reds were swept by the Nationals in their first three games of the 2018 season. It is the first time since 2003 that Cincinnati has started a season 0-3. It last began a season 0-4 in 1995 (0-6).
* Not only have the Reds failed to win a game this season, they also have failed to lead at any point. The last time the Reds failed to lead at any point in each of their first three games of a season was in 1957.
* Since joining the Cubs in 2012, Kris Bryant has 24 home runs against the Reds, the most by any player against Cincinnati in the time span.
* Joey Votto has a three-game hitting streak to start the season, the fourth time in his career he has done so. Votto’s longest hitting streak to open a season in his career is seven games, set in 2011.