Blackhawks Notes For Saturday @NY Islanders
* The Blackhawks lost to the Canucks, 5-2, at home on Thursday, and have not allowed at least five goals in five straight games, and eight of their last 12. The five-game streak is the longest of its kind for Chicago since a six-game streak in December 1989.
* New York fell to the Lightning, 7-6, at home on Thursday, its 12th loss in its last 14 games. It was the Isles’ first loss when scoring at least six goals since a 9-6 loss in Toronto on December 19, 2005. The last time they scored six at home and lost was in 1991 against Pittsburgh.
* The Islanders picked up a 7-3 win in Chicago earlier this season, tied for their highest output of the year. Since 2010-11, the Hawks are 3-1-1 on the road against the Islanders, with three of those games being decided in overtime or a shootout.
* Nick Schmaltz scored his 21st goal of the season in the loss to Vancouver. Along with Alex DeBrincat (25), the duo makes the Blackhawks one of three teams with multiple players in their 21-or-under season with 20+ goals (Toronto, Winnipeg).
* Anders Lee, Anthony Beauvillier, and Anders Lee each had a pair of goals in the loss to Tampa Bay. It’s just the second time this season a team has had a trio of players with two goals each – the Flyers did it against the Capitals in October.
* The Islanders are an impressive 12-2-1 (.833) on Saturdays this season, second only to Vegas (8-0-1, .944) in the league. Chicago’s 9-7-2 (.556) record on Saturdays ranks 14th in the NHL.