Blackhawks Game Notes For Tuesday vs. Colorado
* The Avalanche dominated the Red Wings, 5-1, on Sunday at Pepsi Center. Colorado has scored five or more goals 18 times this season, tied for third in the NHL.
* Chicago fell, 5-4, in overtime against the Blues on Sunday, its third straight loss (0-2-1) and fourth in the last five games (1-3-1). The Blackhawks have allowed 10 power-play goals this month (second-most in the NHL, Montreal 13).
* The Blackhawks won the last meeting with the Avs, 2-1 in overtime, on March 6. The home team has won the last four meetings between these two teams, although the Blackhawks have come away with points in nine of the last 10 (7-1-2).
* Nathan MacKinnon added two goals and an assist on Sunday, tallying a point for the 12th straight game, the second-longest active streak (Patrick Laine, Wpg – 15). His 24 points (13g, 11a) in that streak are tied for the most over a 12-game span this season (Evgeni Malkin, Pit).
* Alex DeBrincat scored three goals on Sunday for his third hat trick of the season. His 25 goals are tied with Winnipeg’s Kyle Connor for second-most among rookies (Brock Boeser, Van – 29), and his three hat tricks are tied with Alex Ovechkin and Connor McDavid for the league lead.
* With a regulation loss tonight, the Blackhawks would be mathematically eliminated from playoff contention for the first time since 2007-08, ending a run of nine consecutive postseason berths, including three Stanley Cups. Only the Penguins have a longer active playoff streak (11).