Former Wheaton College player suing over allegations of brutal hazing

WHEATON, Ill. -- A former Wheaton College football player is suing over violent hazing that allegedly took place.

The lawsuit names four men who are criminally charged, along with three others, and the school.

The 21-year-old plaintiff claims he was kidnapped, beaten, left half- naked on a baseball field and so badly injured that he could never play football again.

In the lawsuit filed Friday, Charles Nagy says the 2016 attack was part of a hazing tradition at the suburban Chicago Christian college that football coaches and administrators knew about but didn't stop.

Last year, five players were arrested on felony counts of aggravated battery and other charges. They pleaded not guilty.

The Chicago Tribune reports that Nagy's attorney says he's seeking more than $1 million from the school and at least $50,000 from seven players who participated in the alleged attack or conspired with those who did.

In a statement, the school denies that it "allowed a permissive environment of hazing or violence."