CBS fires Charlie Rose after sexual misconduct claims

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

NEW YORK, NY - MAY 13: Charlie Rose introduces Republican presidential hopeful and U.S. Senator Marco Rubio at the Council on Foreign Relations on May 13, 2015 in New York City. Rubio is seeking the GOP nomination amidst a growing field of contenders, including Jeb Bush, Mike Huckabee, Ted Cruz and Carly Fiorina. (Photo by Andrew Burton/Getty Images)

CBS News has fired Charlie Rose after several women accused the veteran newsman of sexual misconduct.

Rose has been one of three hosts of “CBS This Morning” since 2012 and is also a contributor to “60 Minutes.” PBS and Bloomberg also suspended airings of Rose’s nightly interview show after the Washington Post published an article Monday about women who said he groped them and walked around naked in front of them.

CBS News President David Rhodes said there is nothing more important than assuring a safe, professional workplace. CBS had already suspended him.

Rose’s co-hosts on the morning show, Gayle King and Norah O’Donnell, were sharply critical of their colleague on Tuesday. King said the allegations did not fit the Rose she knew, but that “I’m clearly on the side of the women who have been very hurt and damaged by this.”