WGN-TV’s The Goldberg’s Six Flags Ticket Giveaway OFFICIAL WGN-TV RULES
1. TO ENTER: No purchase necessary to enter. Watch The Goldberg’s on WGN-TV from October 2-6 from 10:30-11pm (CT). Look for the “word of the day” graphic to appear on screen. When the “word of the day” appears on the screen, make a note of it. Then, there are two ways to enter:
A. TEXT MESSAGING: Send a text message to 97999 with that day’s “word of the day” in the body of the message. All entrants must have a text messaging system with two-way capable handset and digital service in order to enter the Contest using the text message method. Entrants will be sent a text message to confirm entry into the Contest. Entrants entering by text will be charged standard text messaging rates for text messages sent and received from their handset according to the terms and conditions in their wireless calling plans. Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas.
B. ONLINE: To enter, log on to wgntv.com/contests and click on the “The Goldberg’s Six Flags Ticket Giveaway” contest logo, type in the “word of the day” and complete the registration form. Entrants must use their own names.
Entries become the property of WGN and will not be returned. WGN is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical or wireless difficulties or inability to transmit Internet or text entries. If the keyword does not appear due to a technical glitch, preempted programming or breaking news, then the keyword will run in the following airing of the program, during its regular time period. Any entry without the proper keyword will be disqualified. WGN reserves the right to cancel or extend the contest if insufficient amount of entries are submitted.
2. ENTRY DEADLINE: The contest starts October 2, 2017, at 10:30pm and ends October 6, 2017 at 11pm (Central Time).
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: After the promotion ends on October 6, five entries will be drawn randomly from all entries on or about October 9 and be deemed the Grand Prize Winners, subject to eligibility verification. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received with the correct “word of the day”. Winners will be notified by e-mail or phone. If the Winner does not come forward or cannot be found within 48 hours of e-mail notification or is otherwise found to be ineligible, then another Winner shall be chosen in a second random drawing from all remaining eligible entries from that day. Entrants agree that WGN-TV has the sole right to determine the winner of the contest and all matters or disputes arising from the contest and that its determination is final and binding. Only one winner will be awarded per household.
4. THE PRIZES: Five (5) Grand Prize Winners will each receive four (4) tickets to Six Flags Great America (ARV per prize: $267.96). The prize will be forfeited if the winner fails to claim prize by deadline, fails to execute the prepared forms of release and waiver, or if the selected winner is not eligible in accordance with these rules. Prizes are not assignable or transferable. Federal, state and local taxes, if any, are solely the responsibility of the winner, who will receive a 1099 tax form reflecting the actual value of the prize if the prize value exceeds $600. Winner may be required to come to WGN –TV to pick up the prize at 2501 W. Bradley Place, Chicago, IL 60618 within 15 days of notification.
5. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS:
a. This contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of WGN-TV, Six Flags and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising/promotion agencies are not eligible to participate.
b. Entrants must be 13 years of age or older at time of entry, a U.S. citizen, and a resident of Illinois or Northwest Indiana.
c. Winners who have won a prize from WGN-TV since March 20, 2017 are ineligible and will be disqualified.
6. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
a. Use of winner’s name: By entering, each entrant grants permission, without further compensation, to the Contest Sponsors, their agents and licensees, to use the entrant’s name, voice, photograph, likeness and biographical material for promotional purposes in connection with the contest.
b. Execution of Affidavit and Release: By entering, each entrant agrees that if selected as the winner, he/she will sign a release and waiver of liability. The prize will be forfeited and awarded to another entrant if the winner does not execute the prepared form of release and waiver within thirty days of the contest, or if the selected winner is not eligible in accordance with these rules.
c. Release of Liability: By entering, entrants agree to release Contest Sponsors from any claim, loss, liability, damage or injury of any kind arising from their participation in the contest, or their receipt or use of the contest prize, and any contest-related travel or activity.
d. Prize Substitutions: No substitute prizes are available; however, Contest Sponsors may, at their discretion, substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the prize becomes unavailable for any reason, WGN-TV reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value.
7. INTERNET/FORCE MAJEURE: If for any reason, this contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the contest, WGN-TV reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Contest or any portion of the Contest. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE CONTEST. Information submitted in Internet entries, including entrant’s name, address, e-mail address, etc, shall become the property of WGN-TV, and may be used by WGN-TV for marketing or promotional purposes. Contest shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Illinois law, excluding choice of law provisions.
9. COPY OF RULES: A copy of the rules is available at WGNtv.com or by sending a self- addressed, stamped envelope to: WGN-TV’s “The Goldberg’s Six Flags Ticket Giveaway” GIVEAWAY Rules, 2501 W. Bradley Place, Chicago, IL 60618, or go to http://www.wgntv.com/contests after October 9 and before November 9, 2017.
10. WINNERS LIST: Can be obtained by sending an envelope to WGN-TV’s “The Goldberg’s Six Flags Ticket” GIVEAWAY Winner List, 2501 W. Bradley Place, Chicago, IL 60618 after October 9 and before November 9, 2017