10-year-old chokes on fidget spinner part

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HOUSTON, Texas -- A mother is claiming that a fidget spinner nearly killed her daughter.

The fidget spinner is a popular toy that has been banned in some classrooms because of its distraction, but a family in Texas recently discovered its true dangers.

While driving home, a mother noticed her daughter choking in the back seat. Her 10-year-old daughter had swallowed one of the toy's weighted bearings.

After being rushed to the hospital, X-rays showed the quarter-sized part stuck in her esophagus.

Thanks to a successful extraction surgery, the girl is now doing fine.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.