Indiana man hits snooze button, avoids being injured by tree that fell through roof

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

AUSTIN, Ind. -- A man in Indiana says he almost become a victim of this week's severe weather -- but was saved by his alarm clock.

A large tree limb came crashing through Raymond Bowling's bathroom ceiling Wednesday morning in southern Indiana.

Bowling had just hit the snooze button on his alarm clock and decided to stay in bed for a few more minutes when it happened.

Normally, he would have been standing at the sink brushing his teeth right where the branch came through.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.