Seven h.s. students sickened by drug-laced cookies in California

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

FRESNO, Cal. — Seven freshmen at a high school in Fresno, California became sick after eating some drug-laced cookies.

The Hoover High School students complained of stomachaches and dizziness.

Police say the cookies could have contained marijuana, xanax and another powdery white substance.

One student was sent to the hospital.

Police found the person responsible for distributing the cookies.

In a statement, the school district said it’s “taking this incident extremely seriously”.