Father says Monster Energy drinks killed his son

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A father claims too much energy drink killed his son.

He’s now suing the makers of Monster Energy drink, according to TMZ.

His son, Dustin Hood, was 19 when he drank three and a half, 24 ounce cans of Monster within 24 hours in 2015.

The lawsuit claims Hood played basketball after his last can and collapsed on the court.

He rushed to the hospital where he died from an irregular heart beat that was triggered by a caffeine overload.

The suit claims Hood consumed as much as caffeine as there is in 14 cans of Coca-Cola.

The father is seeking unspecified damages.

Monster Energy has not commented.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.